10 Ways to Make Your Bedroom More Romantic
You don’t need rose petals or a string quartet. There are a few very simple steps you can take to make your bedroom the ultimate honeymoon suite, night after night.
The basic function of a bedroom is to provide a place of peace and rest for a good night’s sleep. But for most of us a bedroom is much more than this. It is a retreat, a haven and it is also a space we share with our partners. In today’s fast paced world there is often limited time to indulge in romance and matters of the heart, so it is even more important than ever to create a place where this can happen at home.
1) While red might be the colour of love, it should not be the colour of your bedroom walls. Your bedroom should promote a sense of calm. The best colours for a bedroom are warm, neutral shades. This applies to the colour scheme of your bedding too.
2) Lighting is very important. No one looks good under harsh overhead lights. Opt for warm light bulbs, not cool ones, and try to light your bedroom using bedside lamps and other occasional lighting. A good trick is to paint the inside of your lampshades a soft pink as this will create a warm and sensual light.
3) Set the mood with music, but make sure you select the right soundtrack - try to avoid loud banging music and rather opt for more subtle sounds.
4) Clear the room of clutter. Don’t have things lying around that don’t belong in the bedroom, and make sure you don’t use your bedroom as a storage or dumping ground for things that don’t have a home.
5) Clear out the tech. Computers, cell phones, TV and work related items don’t belong in your bedroom. Nothing kills the moment like email alerts or Facebook requests.
6) Keep a few mementos that remind you of the love you share with your partner in the bedroom, whether it’s photographs or sentimental keepsakes.
7) Smell is one of the most powerful senses we have. Use this in the bedroom to create an air of romance. Use scented candles, room spray or even a little bit of perfume to invoke your partner’s passion.
8) Plush bedding is essential. Flat pillows and a depleted duvet do not set the scene for romance. With a wide range of bedding to choose from at The Bed King you can’t go wrong.
9) Perhaps the most important element in any bedroom is the bed. If you are trying to create a place where romance can bloom it is essential to have the right bed. There is little chance of any pleasure being achieved or any mood being set in an old bed that renders you crippled after a night’s sleep. Bed King has a huge selection of double, queen and king sized beds to choose from so you are guaranteed to find something that suits both you and your partner.
10) You have all the key ingredients for a romantic room, the final touch is to make your bed. It takes 5 minutes to do, and has a huge impact on the overall appearance of the room - an unmade bed is an uninviting, unromantic bed.